BUSTICKET is the new electronic way of purchasing bus tickets to various regional towns in Tanzania.
A traveller can either:
* Download the BUSTICKET app from the PlayStore(Android) or AppStore(iPhone) or accessing our website https://bustickets.co.tz.
* Visit your referred bus and purchase your ticket from an authorised agent(s) who use the BUSTICKET app/ POS.
No, BUSTICKET does not require its customers to go through a registration process.
Right after the completion of the reservation procedure on our web page, a success page will be displayed on your screen and SMS or an e-mail containing your e-ticket and related information will be sent to you within 1 minutes from the moment you have paid for your reservation (usually this takes several minutes).
Not at all! The price of the bus ticket is the same as you would get from the bus operator too.
* A user can download the APP from the Playstore once done, the app will appear on the user’s phone screen as shown below
* When the user opens the app, the user will choose the language they prefer
* Once the user has chosen the language, the page on the left will appear. The user will in put region of departure (from) and the region they are traveling to (To). They will then choose date of travel from the calendar. The next step the user will choose the class they want to travel in.
* The APP will then show the traveller the bus(es) available for travel as per their options. Once the user clicks on the bus of their choice, the user will be directed to choose a seat as shown below.
* The user will choose the seat number then the total cost of the ticket will appear in total. Once done the user will click proceed.
* The user will input their boarding stop and drop off stop then press proceed
* The user will in put their full names. Where the name is too long, the user can input the first and last name. The user will choose their gender, whether the ticket is for an adult or child Then they will choose the ID they will use then key in the ID number then click next.
* The user will then add the number (compulsory as this is where the user will receive information about their ticket(s)). If the user prefers the information to be sent to their email, the user will add in their email then finish process. Should the user feel there is any information that needs to be changed, the user can simply click back.
* The next page will then appear as on the left. It will be a summary of the ticket, reference number of the ticket, the amount to be paid by traveller. The APP will give the user 2 main payment option either mobile money or Bank. Once the user chooses the payment option of their choice, the next page will appear as below.
* Where the user chooses mobile money as their payment option, the next page will be of the various mobile money payment options available in Tanzania. Once the user chooses them prefer mobile money payment option, the user will be redirected to the mobile operator USSD for payment and the user will follow normal procedures for making payments. The business number for Tiketi Mtandao is 009009 for all networks.
* NOTE: The user can copy the reference number TKT1563359826. This is the reference number the user will input while making their payment.
* For the bank option, when the user clicks the bank option, the various banks registered in the T-Tiketi platform will appear and the user will be directed to their banks USSD or banking APP for payment. The User should always keep the reference number to allow for the payment of the ticket.
Advisably, we recommend that the travel prints their ticket although they will receive a confirmation message of the purchase of ticket and details of travel. The SMS that is sent to your mobile can be produced at the time of boarding and you will be allowed to travel.
A copy of the ticket would have been sent to you by e-mail (if you put in your email address) when you booked it. Please take a printout of that mail and produce it at the time of boarding. If you have not received the ticket e-mail, please call any of our call centres and our executive will re-send you a copy by mail.
Yes, you can. Please contact our call centre and our executive will send you the ticket on your desired number.
Yes, you can cancel your ticket. Where the traveller has already made payment, please visit the bus company you purchased your ticket from or call the customer service centre.
Depending on the regulations of the bus you have travelled with, the bus’s refund policy will apply. The reason as to why the traveller missed the bus will also be put into consideration. However, should it be proven that it is the traveller’s fault, NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED.